[Asterisk-Users] Using a TE405P to connect to an existing PBX

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Aug 16 10:18:16 MST 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 12:46, drodden wrote:
> span=1,2,0,esf,b8zs

try 1,1,0,esf,b8zs

I am assuming this is the only T1 in this box.  Don't need the dynamic line
(it's commented out anyway).

> I don't know if I need that dynamic line or not. There's no mention
> about it in the wiki. Also, the wiki says the span line should
> be"span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs" but you recommended I let the remote do the
> timing, so I set this as "Secondary", should it be Secondary, or should
> I just turn it off completely? Anything I'm missing?

You're misunderstanding the clocking parameter:

0 = do not use this span as a clock source
1 = use this span as the primary clock source
2 = use this span as the secondary clock source
3 = use this span as the tertiary clock source
... etc.  You need a clock source.  The secondary, tertiary and so on only
become the clock source if the primary (or secondary, and so on) is down.

Since I think you want to use the PBX as the clock source you should be giving
it a value of '1', as there are no other T1s in this box and the zaptel card
needs clock to come from somewhere.  i.e. it needs SOME T1 to be a primary
clock.

-A.