[Asterisk-Users] What is the best Linux for asterisk

Vlok Stone ivlok at verizon.net
Mon Aug 16 08:31:35 MST 2004

When deciding on Linux you decide which kernel to use. Linux IS the
kernel part. After that it's what tools you're most comfortable with.
That's where distros vary. In a biz environment you won't probably won't
use a GUI. At home (less users) you may want it as a dual function
server/ end user pc. So for a most reliable system find the most
reliable kernel version. Also, the most reliable version of asterisk
would be a more appropriate queston. To sum, there is no magic asterisk
linux distro. All have the requisite components at their disposal ( well
don't use linspire since they run as root for that ease of use/ hack).