[Asterisk-Users] Using a TE405P to connect to an existing PBX

drodden drodden at webunited.net
Mon Aug 16 07:14:26 MST 2004

Greetings,

I hate to reopen this, but I haven't gotten any help and I have CTO
breathing down my neck. I'm digging through documentation after
documentation but fear I may be going in the wrong direction. Has
anybody succeeded in getting Asterisk, using a T100P card, to
communicate directly with an existing PBX? Basically acting like the
telco, providing the other type of signaling. It can then convert the
incoming/outgoing requests from the PBX/T1 interface to IAX and send it
off to another Asterisk server for further processing.

I'm happy to read and learn and such, but I don't know if I'm reading
the right documentation, or even if this is possible. If it's not
possible, I'm just wasting time digging through docs on how to make it
work.

Thanks,
Deon Rodden