[Asterisk-Users] [Q] DIDs

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Sat Aug 14 00:49:59 MST 2004

<quote who="Peter Svensson">
> Also known as DID service or called number information at various
> times.  You can have analog copper pots lines configured to send that
> information.  I don't know if Asterisk supports it. Anyone?

This is called an Analog DID Trunk.  Yes, Asterisk supports it.
You can have inbound calls only on this type of line.  Also, it
does not support CallerID.

The carrier's CO acts like a POTS analog handset.  When a call comes
in it simulates offhook status (puts a load on the line) and dials
into your PBX (Asterisk), by sending DTMF.

--
END OF LINE
       -MCP