[Asterisk-Users] [Q] DIDs

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sat Aug 14 01:04:14 MST 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:

> This is called an Analog DID Trunk.  Yes, Asterisk supports it.
> You can have inbound calls only on this type of line.  Also, it
> does not support CallerID.
>
> The carrier's CO acts like a POTS analog handset.  When a call comes
> in it simulates offhook status (puts a load on the line) and dials
> into your PBX (Asterisk), by sending DTMF.

I think it is possible to get DNIS+CallerID on a normal (bidirectional)
analog line here in Sweden. We use DTMF CallerId delimited by the dtmf
signals AB and CD. I don't have the reference for analog pstn connections
at home so I cannot check if it was callerid+dnis or callerid+something
else that could be passed.

Peter