[Asterisk-Users] Message lamp integration with legacy pbx -- revisited

Greg Blakely greg at vyger.net
Thu Aug 12 11:36:28 MST 2004

I see from the archives that Siggi Langauf was wanting to do exactly
what I want to do back in November 2003.

Here is what he asked:

I would like to do a pilot with some legacy gear, however.  Accordingly,

I'd like to be able to have * dial 1000X where X is the box that has a
new voicemail message and 1001X when the user of mb X deletes the new
message(s).  The dialing should occur within the default context.  In
each case, our legacy gear will turn on/off the message waiting lamp.

For example, if I currently dial 1000400 on my * SIP phone, the MW lamp
on legacy X 400 is flipped on by the PBX.  If I dial 1001400 on my * SIP

phone, the MW lamp on legacy X 400 is flipped off.

He was told to take a look at /usr/src/asterisk/sample.call, and to put
the results into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing.

Apparently, s/he was a little less dense than I am, because s/he never
responded, leading me to believe that s/he figured it out.

But I need a little help with the process.

What would cause Comedian mail to actually use the sample.call file?
Would Comedian mail know to use sample2.call to dial out to turn off the
MW lamp once the caller picked up their new messages?
If so, how?

Bottom line, what commands go where?

Thanks in advance.

Greg