[Asterisk-Users] Comcast Phone Line hang up not detected

Ruben Fagundo rfagundo at npv.com
Wed Aug 11 10:55:46 MST 2004

I have an asterisk server running on Redhat 8.0 with a Digium TDM400P
w/4 FXO modules (TDM04P)

There are 2 lines going into the Digium card. One line is a Vonage
digital line, and the other line is a Comcast voice line. I have a SIP
Grandstream 100 phone connected to the Asterisk server.

If a someone calls the Comcast line, and hangs up, the Asterisk server
keeps the line off-hook, consequently, every caller after that gets a
busy signal as if the line is still in use. The vonage line does not
have this problem, and hangups are properly detected. The only way to
remedy this right now is to restart asterisk.

I suppose that a possible workaround is to have asterisk check the lines
to see if they are off-hook, or not in use...here's my zapata.conf.

I have tried busydetect=no and yes and neither one make a difference.
suggestions?

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
  busydetect=yes
  busycount=10