[Asterisk-Users] AbsoluteTimeout Inside A Macro

Mike Coakley mcoakley at ioumail.com
Wed Aug 11 09:22:16 MST 2004

On Aug 11, 2004, at 12:04 PM, Christopher L. Wade wrote:

> Mike Coakley wrote:
>
>> Anyone out there with * code experience that can put this question to
>> bed.
>
> Actually, it is in bed.  Any 'user defined' extension will work inside
> a macro.  What won't work is any 'system' extension whose execution is
> based on an 'exception', which AbsoluteTimeout and the 'T' extension
> are.  Look back through the thread and you'll see what I mean.  I've
> already been talking with some * dev people, and right now I'm simply
> use a 'macro'-like context, almost like you have in your example, to
> perform the same functionality as my original macro.

Hmm... I couldn't get my Macro to work and your comments have me
thinking I'm stupid again. I think I'm going to setup another test bed
and wack the crap out of this one... next question to ask the
developers... why wouldn't they include the system extensions. That
would make the Macro implementation more complete.