[Asterisk-Users] Firefly and *... Argh!

David MacKinnon blaed at mylibris.com
Tue Aug 10 04:07:53 MST 2004

Robert Barnes wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:18:29 +1000, David MacKinnon <blaed at mylibris.com> wrote:
>

>>Okay, I've read as much as I can, and I think i've followed
>>instructions, but I'm still having problems with * and firefly... I can
>>get outgoing to other freshtel working, but not incoming (I get the "not
>>available" voicemail), or outgoing to landline.
>>
>>I'm using the debian asterisk package (0.9.1-RC1-4)
>>

>I think the general consensus is that it is best to track the cvs
>yourself, that Debian package is probably quite old.

I assumed it was relatively recent since it's RC1 :) But I'll probably
switch to cvs soon.

Your tips helped me get incoming work, which is great! However I still
can't make calls to PSTN through Firefly. I noticed on my firefly client
using gateway.freshtel.net you can't make PSTN calls. Switching to
cts-au.freshtel.net fixed that (calls to firefly numbers works through
gateway.freshtel.net)

gateway.freshtel.net gives "Number is disconnected" messages for all the
PSTN numbers I try, cts-au.freshtel.net gives me the no such
context/extension errors. Are you using firefly for PSTN calls?

Thanks for the help :)

 -David