[Asterisk-Users] Firefly and *... Argh!

Robert Barnes robert.barnes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 03:48:30 MST 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:18:29 +1000, David MacKinnon <blaed at mylibris.com> wrote:
> Okay, I've read as much as I can, and I think i've followed
> instructions, but I'm still having problems with * and firefly... I can
> get outgoing to other freshtel working, but not incoming (I get the "not
> available" voicemail), or outgoing to landline.
>
> I'm using the debian asterisk package (0.9.1-RC1-4)
I think the general consensus is that it is best to track the cvs
yourself, that Debian package is probably quite old.

> My iax.conf has in general (under my FWD register, which works...)
>
> register => (MYNUMBER):(MYPASSWORD)@cts-au.freshtel.net
Try this:
register => (MYNUMBER):(MYPASSWORD)@gateway.freshtel.net

> [firefly]
> type=friend
> host=cts-au.freshtel.net
> context=from-firefly
I have this:
;
; Firefly (Freshtel)
[my_number] ; Firefly
context=firefly-number
qualify=no
username=my_number
secret=my_secret
auth=md5
type=friend
host=gateway.freshtel.net

> I never see a "registered" message when starting up * (I do for FWD)
>
> When sniffing the interface I can see the following IAX2 data on startup.
>
> REGREQ (From me -> freshtel)
> REGAUTH (Freshtel -> Me)
> REGREQ (Me -> Freshtel)
> REGACK (Freshtel -> Me)
> ACK  (Me -> Freshtel)
>
> My extensions.conf looks like
>
> exten => _394.,1,SetCallderId(MYNUMBER)
> exten =>
> _394.,2,Dial(IAX2/MYNUMBER:MYPASSWORD at cts-au.freshtel.net/${EXTEN:3},60,r)
>
> Again, similar setup is working with FWD.
My extensions.conf looks like:
; RAB - Firefly (Freshtel)
[outgoing-firefly-peers]
exten => _62XXXXXXXX,1,Macro(outgoingfirefly,${EXTEN:2},70) ; Firefly

; RAB
[macro-outgoingfirefly]
exten => s,1,SetCallerID("my_number" <my_number>)
exten => s,2,Dial(IAX2/my_number:my_secret at gateway.freshtel.net/${ARG1},${ARG2},r)
exten => s,3,Congestion

; RAB
[macro-outgoingfreshtel]
exten => s,1,SetCallerID("my_number" <my_number>)
exten => s,2,Dial(IAX2/my_number:my_secret at cts-au.freshtel.net/${ARG1},${ARG2},r)
exten => s,3,Congestion

> [snip]
>
> So I assume my auth is being refused. What have I missed here? Does
> anyone currently have firefly working like this with * and would care to
> share their setups? :) I've just started playing with this stuff recently.
I am not sure what you have missed, but I do have Freshtel working to
my satisfaction. I hope my snippets help..