[Asterisk-Users] VoicemailMain Issues

Seth Remington sremington at saberlogic.com
Fri Aug 6 10:45:21 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 11:56, Robert Jackson wrote:
>   I have a very bizarre issue for ya'll.  Asterisk seems to crash after
> I hang up on VoicemailMain, but only if the user logs in.  I am
> completely dumbfounded with this.  We have been running our production
> system on asterisk HEAD 7/14/2004 for a few weeks now, and this error
> only happened when I updated to 8/4/2004.  I am calling my voicemail
> extension via X-Lite, and the error message received on the console when
> asterisk crashes is simply "Killed".  Has anyone else seen this issue
> before?  I am just trying to figure out if it is something in my config
> or if there my be a problem with CVS 8/4/2004.

I don't have an answer to your particular problem but in general it
sounds like a SEGFAULT or some other similar bug. Try this...

1. Start Asterisk with safe_asterisk
2. Cause asterisk to crash the way you describe. Asterisk will dump a
core file into /tmp
3. Enter "gdb asterisk /tmp/core.xxxx" (you need to have gdb installed
of course)
4. Enter "bt" while in gdb (or do a "bt full") to see the back trace.

You will probably see an "Address out of range" or similar error in the
last function call on the stack. Take note of the function where the
error occurred an the parameter that had the out-of-bounds memory
address (if applicable). If your C skills are up to snuff to can try and
debug it yourself. If not open up a bug on the bug tracker with all of
the info you have collected.

-Seth

--
Seth Remington