[Asterisk-Users] Lots of Echo with SIP -> Asterisk -> PSTN

Chad Brown chad.brown at identitymine.com
Fri Aug 6 09:44:57 MST 2004

Hi James,

I had the same problem. Setting echotraning=yes helped me.

Also, like many people I had to tweak the rxgain and txgain. For me
these setting worked well.

rxgain=0.0
txgain=-4.0

If I tried to increase the rxgain SIP echo got really bad. Although I
could hear the PSTN caller much better. I settled for less echo. ;-)

Setting the txgain=-4.0 eliminated echo that my PSTN caller was
experiencing.

However, it seems that everyone needs different settings dependant upon
many factors...

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+echo+cancellation

Chad