[Asterisk-Users] Avaya/Lucent Definity -> Asterisk interop question

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Thu Aug 5 09:21:48 MST 2004

Robert,

    I'm actually looking into the same thing as you.

    I have (and have had) them talking to each other OK for some time.
The Wiki describes how to do that.

    The basic setup will allow calls from asterisk -> Definity OK.  I
have some outgoing calls routed to asterisk via ARS on the definity side.

    I'd really like to figure out a way to map a set of extensions on
the definity to automatically be handed off to asterisk.   For example,
have all extensions in the range 4900-4999 end up being calls to
asterisk with the extension number.

    I don't see an easy way to do that, though.  The best idea I have so
far is to make a whole set of extensions in that range with "X" ports,
make an ARS route which maps 1-200-999-XXXX to get rewritten to XXXX and
get routed via the Asterisk-bound PRI, and then manually set
call-forwarding for each of the 49XX extensions to 1-200-999-49XX.

But, this seems like quite a PITA to have to make all those extensions
and call-forwarding rules.  I'm also not sure what else I'm missing by
doing this, how these extensions will act in a hunt group, etc.

Here's my config, if you like.

non-commented lines in /etc/zaptel.conf:

    span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
    bchan=1-23
    dchan=24

    loadzone = us
    defaultzone=us

non-commented lines in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:

    [channels]
    context=incoming
    switchtype=national

    signalling=pri_net
    rxwink=300              ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
    usecallerid=yes
    hidecallerid=no
    callwaiting=yes
    callwaitingcallerid=yes