[Asterisk-Users] Avaya/Lucent Definity -> Asterisk interop question

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Thu Aug 5 12:22:54 MST 2004

 >The box has a T100P card hooked up to a csu on the Definity with a
 >patch cable.

A. You don't need a CSU if located close to each other.

B. "Patch Cable?" If using CSU, straight thru cable, if no
CSU cross-over cable.

C. Make sure to know your pin outs on the CSU vs pin outs T100P
Lucent/Avaya/AT&T or whatever, sometimes like to screw with us
and use non standard configurations for pin outs. Where as in a normal
situation a straight thru would work, might not if the pin outs are
different.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Steve Kann wrote:

>     I'd really like to figure out a way to map a set of extensions on
> the definity to automatically be handed off to asterisk.   For example,
> have all extensions in the range 4900-4999 end up being calls to
> asterisk with the extension number.

Create route pattern
ie. route 14 = asterisk trunk group

dialplan
eta routing pattern = 14
digit 4, length 4, extension

When someone dials ext 4900-4999, and it's
not defined locally, it will follow the eta to asterisk.
This will send all numbers dialed that are not
defined locally thru the eta, but that's no big thing.

There is a lot of ways to do some of this stuff,
some are also dependent on what Definity options
are enabled. Also, certain security settings.

I've got the following working (by hook or crook)

Asterisk ext. <-> Definity ext.
Asterisk outbound via Definity/ars
Inbound DNIS Definity -> Asterisk ext.

Here's a tricky one, seems sloppy but works...
Inbound Definity/auto attendant -> Asterisk ext.
Transfering inbound call out of Audix and then off switch,
security guys don't like that to happen.