[Asterisk-Users] problems with'#' transfer after hold...

Wayne Wayne at planetWayne.com
Wed Aug 4 11:40:33 MST 2004

Hi, (please be gentle - still learning :))

This may be similar to a problem I had today...
Calling an automated phone system wanted me to press # to confirm a
number - obviously * treats this a transfer - and relevant prompts were
played... If you wait for this to 'time out' (or do an invalid
extension) no more DTMF tones are sent down to the called number (I did
a test calling to a mobile afterwards) - even a # doesn't provoke the
correct response.

A thought that came to mind on this was - how do you actually send down
a # when requested by an automated service as * treats this as its own.

But - looks like the question has been answered by Chris' reply with
this ## patch :) - still - I dont know if that would fix the 'if you
time out a transfer and then try to send DTMF tones they dont actually
get sent' problem. So in answer to Chris question - I dont have this
patch installed.

Thanks
Wayne.