[Asterisk-Users] [RANT] Today's possible problems with Broadvoice????

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Aug 3 12:25:03 MST 2004

Rich Adamson wrote:

> So, for those that don't have any interest in the broadvoice interface
> topic, find your delete key. Its not all that hard, really.

Every night when I go to bed I say my prayers.  And in those prayers I
include a request that those on the list who are so quick to snap at
people for their cluelessness will choose instead to just delete the
mail and go on.  What does it cost to hit delete, and isn't it possible
that a) the clueless question may be picked up by someone as a community
service--which happens pretty often, or b) the niche question will
actually be of intense interest to a small subset of our community, such
as the Broadvoice Pioneers.

Despite using spam control, I still have to hit delete fifty times or so
a day to get rid of those disgusting sex ads.  Why is it any harder to
do the same with messages that, upon swift perusal, aren't of interest?

We are asterisk's face to the new user community.  Imparting clue is
part of our mission, but IMO acting nice to newbies is a more important
part.

B.