[Asterisk-Users] [RANT] Today's possible problems with Broadvoice????

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Aug 3 04:44:53 MST 2004

> On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 20:32, Bartosz Wegrzyn wrote:
> > I joined this group 2 weeks ago, because I was having problems with my
> > asterisk box and broadvoice. I found many discussions regarding similar
> > issue. I belive that this is the group where we can share our problems and
> > help each other.  We know that broadvoice does not suport the asterisk,
> > and the only person who can help is James Jones and you asterisk people. I
> > cannot understand why you are so angry about my post.
> > I don't know what kind of computer "GURU" you are, but I am a regular
> > networking person who want to have the things up and running.
> > Maybe, the way I presented the facts was not "that professional" as you
> > do, but this is how I do it.
> > Maybe you should just look at the post and try to help.
>
> It isn't so much how you have brought this question. It is just that
> less than 1% of the subscribers of this list actually have even the
> slightest of interest in broadvoice. When the traffic for such a small
> percentage of the list gets to be 25-40% of the traffic, most of us
> start getting edgy and wishing the traffic was somewhere else.

No offense, Steve, but the exact same words apply to h323, odbc, isdn
cards, Nufone, etc, for a lot of the rest of us. However, historically
we've simply been deleting posts of no interest (to many, but certainly
not all).

After many many years of using various Internet resources, it is simply
amazing how many people on this _user_ list try to re-define the
purpose of the list (to their liking), exactly how people should post
(to make _their_ reader more convenient for them), etc.

What has been rather interesting is the broadvoice change seems to
indicate there is a * sip & dns issue that has not yet been
sufficiently documented to enter a bug report. (Example: given a
type=user and type=peer sip context, broadvoice incoming calls actually
use the type=peer context. What?)

So, for those that don't have any interest in the broadvoice interface
topic, find your delete key. Its not all that hard, really.