[Asterisk-Users] A few questions

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Aug 3 04:51:33 MST 2004

In trying to follow Marks advice and be nice to newcomers, I'll just put
URLS below.

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 06:10, Mark wrote:
> We have several C/T servers with PRI lines that are under utilised, in
> the following configuration
>
> eISDN -> PRI -> C/T Server 1
>
> eISDN -> PRI -> C/T Server 2
>
> eISDN -> PRI -> C/T Server 3
>

> For our C/T applications we need the Dialed Number passing from the PRI
> to the C/T server - is this possible ?

Not exactly passing, but recreating.

exten => 123456,1,Dial(g2,${EXTEN})
This will essentially connect the 2 legs together and introduce the
number on the other side.

> If we install 2 or more of the Quad port ISDN cards, and a call came in
> on the first card, but was re-directed out of a second card, is there a
> dedicated bus between the cards (as with Dialogic cards) or would it use
> the Server's PCI bus ?

No, there is no Sbus or whatever it is called on Dialogic. All calls
pass through the PCI bus. Probably covered on the Wiki somewhere
http://www.voip-info.org/

> Do you have any idea of the extra load this would put on the CPU ?

There is a whitepaper on Digiums site discussing that.
http://www.digium.com/images/pdf/QuadCardCPUBenchmark.pdf

http://ns1.jnetdns.de/jn/relaunch/asterisk/page17.html