[Asterisk-Users] A few questions

Mark mark at 2pmtech.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 04:10:27 MST 2004

Hi All,

	As a company, we are looking to rationalize our phone system
infrastructure and have come across using a digium quad port E1 PRI
cards in conjunction with the Asterisk PBX software. I'm hoping you'll
be able to answer the following questions and maybe give me a few
configuration hints.

Presently I have an Asterisk installation using a Fritz card and a BRI
line for testing, and unfortunately, I don't have any DDI's configured
on the BRI line.

We have several C/T servers with PRI lines that are under utilised, in
the following configuration

eISDN -> PRI -> C/T Server 1

eISDN -> PRI -> C/T Server 2

eISDN -> PRI -> C/T Server 3

We wish to use Asterisk as a switch to direct calls (based on the
dialled number) to the correct C/T server

                          -> PRI -> C/T Server 1
                         /
eISDN -> PRI -> Asterisk --> PRI -> C/T Server 2
                         \
                          -> PRI -> C/T Server 3

For our C/T applications we need the Dialed Number passing from the PRI
to the C/T server - is this possible ?

If we install 2 or more of the Quad port ISDN cards, and a call came in
on the first card, but was re-directed out of a second card, is there a
dedicated bus between the cards (as with Dialogic cards) or would it use
the Server's PCI bus ?

Do you have any idea of the extra load this would put on the CPU ?

We also have a Samsung DCS phone switch that connects to 4 BRI lines, do
you have or know of any product that will work with asterisk and allow
us to connect this to the Asterisk server ?

Ie FROM:-

eISDN 4xBRI -> DCS

To :-

Asterisk -> 4xBRI -> DCS