[Asterisk-Users] [RANT] Today's possible problems with Broadvoice????

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Aug 2 18:48:49 MST 2004

On Monday 02 August 2004 21:32, Bartosz Wegrzyn wrote:
> I joined this group 2 weeks ago, because I was having problems with my
> asterisk box and broadvoice. I found many discussions regarding similar
> issue. I belive that this is the group where we can share our problems and
> help each other.  We know that broadvoice does not suport the asterisk,
> and the only person who can help is James Jones and you asterisk people. I
> cannot understand why you are so angry about my post.

*sigh*

This'll be my last post regarding this thread, as it is obvious none of the
people who responded to my email have actually read it.

I am not angry at you, personally.
I'm not angry at you for asking for help in setting up * to talk to BV.
I *am* upset that now that your system was set up and working you felt it
necessary to post status updates about the goddamned VOIP provider going up
and down.

> I don't know what kind of computer "GURU" you are, but I am a regular
> networking person who want to have the things up and running.
> Maybe, the way I presented the facts was not "that professional" as you
> do, but this is how I do it.
> Maybe you should just look at the post and try to help.

Computer guru?  I'm fair to middlin'.  VOIP guru?  nowhere close.

If you're a regular networking person who wants to have things up and running
then I CERTAINLY don't forgive you for posting BV status questions/updates to
a list that reaches literally thousands of subscribers!  As a regular
networking person you should know better.

Now, as I said asking for help and reaching a solution is fine -- that's
precisely what this list is for.  Once it was working and posting "BV is
down, what's up?"  "Oh, BV is up now."  etc type messages is NOT okay, it's
NOT what this list is for.  I've got 35869 messages in this list to back me
up on this.

You're a */BV newbie -- no worries and welcome.  Your initial posts were
excellent, and I am glad that people were able to help you.  Seriously.

-A.