[Asterisk-Users] Start recording during call by pressing button sequence

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Apr 29 05:06:26 MST 2004

> Thank U for your reply, however I was asking about recording during
> call (for example I don't need record all calls, but only some of them
> and I want start recording during actual call process).

I believe there is a neat trick on the wiki whereby your dialplan has a macro
for your extensions where ### is the extension (nonrecorded) and then 9### is
a recorded version of the same extension.  So to start recording, transfer
the call to your 9### extension and voila.

> The problem is that there is could be a script which will turn on a
> recording (via manager api) during a call, but how to get back to the
> channel when during a call U press #ext or whatever you wouldn't be able
> to return back (previous channel) and call will hangup.

Why won't you be able to return back?  Hell you could park the call and then
use a similar trick above to start recording and jump to the parked call I
think...

Regards,
Andrew