[Asterisk-Users] Start recording during call by pressing button sequence

Vladyslav vladk at azhelp.net
Thu Apr 29 05:21:00 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 15:06, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> > Thank U for your reply, however I was asking about recording during
> > call (for example I don't need record all calls, but only some of them
> > and I want start recording during actual call process).
>
> I believe there is a neat trick on the wiki whereby your dialplan has a macro
> for your extensions where ### is the extension (nonrecorded) and then 9### is
> a recorded version of the same extension.  So to start recording, transfer
> the call to your 9### extension and voila.

There is a way to do a conference with a extension which only will
record conversation, but I don't want to interrupt conversation in any
way.(don't want a called/calling party hear that...)

BTW, I have already modify extension.conf  in order for users to be able
to enable or disable recording for them-self (but it's not exactly what
I want to have)

> > The problem is that there is could be a script which will turn on a
> > recording (via manager api) during a call, but how to get back to the
> > channel when during a call U press #ext or whatever you wouldn't be able
> > to return back (previous channel) and call will hangup.
>
> Why won't you be able to return back?  Hell you could park the call and then
> use a similar trick above to start recording and jump to the parked call I
> think...
>
> Regards,
> Andrew
Best regards