[Asterisk-Users] Video Conferencing

Angus Berry angus.berry at elken.com
Wed Apr 28 18:14:49 MST 2004

Larry,

I'd been considering the D-Link product, especially after reading the
Asterisk Wiki.

What I'm looking to do is more of a broadcast scenario. I would have the
good hardware at the main office, then clients would dial in via
software clients. They would be able to receive video & audio and from
the main office and ask questions back via audio, but the clients
wouldn't be sending video, just receiving it. Does this make sense..
it's for a remote learning environment.

I'm hoping * would allow me to manually greet callers before they're
added to the conference. As I mentioned I want to use * to leverage a
separate, existing planned investment in a voice only * system for our
office.

Angus