[Asterisk-Users] Video Conferencing

Larry Keyes lkeyes at mxdesign.net
Wed Apr 28 17:49:11 MST 2004

Hi, Angus...I would be interested in the same thing. I've done a fair amount
of videoconferencing using ISDN and am starting to use IP. In some initial
testing, I've had good luck with the D-Link DVC-1000 an H.323 compatible
unit that retails for about US$200. With a cable broadband connection, I've
seen 27fps, with decent clarity and good sound. Take a look at
http://www.dlink.com/products/?model=DVC-1000. The ease of use and
connection quality are miles ahead of much of the PC-based software
solutions like NetMeeting.

We're currently testing these units by connectiong to a Polycomm multi-point
unit, for a teleconferencing application.
We are trying for 4-6 end units connecting to the Polycomm, for a
multi-point conference.

Best wishes,

--- Larry