[Asterisk-Users] multiple instances of asterisk spawning

Kevin Williams kwilliams at applianz.com
Tue Apr 27 12:51:44 MST 2004

Steven Critchfield wrote:

> So before we bother with the idea of splitting,
> think about what could be done to either point
> the new user to the resources

I think a small note on the list page stating that the list archives are
a great source of information for newbies and that it can be searched
using Google (and how to do that) would go a long, long way.  As a
newbie, my first inclination is to go to www.asterisk.org and look for
help.  From there, I find my way to the mailing list and from there to
the archives (which have no search interface).  At that point, I'm faced
with digging through the archives manually or just posting a quick
question to the list.  If I'm pressed for time, you can probably guess
which one I'll pick.

I didn't even know you could search the Asterisk-Users archive using
Google until today.  I'll definitely use that in the future before
asking questions on the list.  I'd love to see information about how to
do that added to http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=support or