[Asterisk-Users] multiple instances of asterisk spawning

Steven Kokinos steve at kokinos.com
Tue Apr 27 10:22:59 MST 2004

Thanks for the pleasant response.

In-fact I'm not a new unix user at all, and am quite familiar with
multi-threaded apps. However, it is not clear from the documentation
whether or not asterisk is multi-threaded. i had assumed it was (or had
recently become so) when i initially saw this behavior and searched
(and found nothing), then asked the question to the list (which yielded
no response).

before putting my system in production i wanted to be certain this was
in-fact the case. note - the only change in my environment is the
kernel version. perhaps the kernel process reporting is slightly
different between the versions, or i set a configuration option
somewhat differently (though i copied the previous config file as the
base for the new kernel).

-Steve