[Asterisk-Users] e164.org proudly announces PSTN support

Duane digium at aus-biz.com
Mon Apr 26 21:49:01 MST 2004

Adam Goryachev wrote:
> I hope this 'validation' is ... ummm... considerate. ie, you will only
> be called between 9am and 9pm local time.

The validation call is made within 15 minutes of you adding the number
to the website, so the calls are determined by the end user for the most
part, they are automated and generally kept as short as possible to keep
costs down.

> Also, which countries is this valid for? If I register my phone number
> in australia, will you make that international call? or someone in South
> Africa? Who is covering these costs?

We've set a call cap on calls anywhere that costs more then 20c/minute
is asked to donate to help cover costs... Most landlines in most
countries is usually under 10c/minute...

> Personally, I'm still trying to overcome the cost issue where routing
> calls over my internet connection may in fact be MORE expensive than
> routing those calls over the PSTN.

I'm fortunate not to be under per meg charges or download caps as I live
in Australia as well...

--
Best regards,
  Duane