[Asterisk-Users] e164.org proudly announces PSTN support

Mon Apr 26 21:40:06 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 12:39, Duane wrote:
> To help prevent abuse, all PSTN numbers must be validated first. Simply
> create an account at e164.org, and select "add your PSTN number". The
> number you add will be phoned and a Personal ID number will be read out
> to you. Return to the website, enter your PIN, and viola! Your phone
> number will be instantly added into the system.

I hope this 'validation' is ... ummm... considerate. ie, you will only
be called between 9am and 9pm local time.

Also, which countries is this valid for? If I register my phone number
in australia, will you make that international call? or someone in South
Africa? Who is covering these costs?

Personally, I'm still trying to overcome the cost issue where routing
calls over my internet connection may in fact be MORE expensive than
routing those calls over the PSTN.

(Considering I pay per MB for my traffic).
Then there is also the added problem of trying to ensure QoS....

Regards,
Adam