[Asterisk-Users] newbie install problems

Hermann Wecke hermann at wecke.com
Fri Apr 23 20:20:00 MST 2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Rubens Zupelli Filho wrote:
> I'm using a Debian kernel 2.4.22 with all (second the archives/docs)
> pre-reqs packages.

Quick and dirty: instead of trying to compile/build, just do this:

apt-get -t sarge install asterisk/unstable

Remember to have the appropriate entry for unstable into your
/etc/apt/sources.list

then go ahead with the configuration. I tried several times to compile *
using Debian. I was only sucessful when I forgot everything else and
installed * from the .deb files.

Helpful links:
http://users.pandora.be/Asterisk-PBX/InstallDebian.htm
http://users.pandora.be/Asterisk-PBX/InstallAsterisk.htm
(but not even close to the apt-get install procedure...)