[Asterisk-Users] newbie install problems

Rubens Zupelli Filho rubens at globalaz.com.br
Fri Apr 23 18:17:53 MST 2004

Hi

I'm new with asterisk, and I´m trying to install it with a X100P card. I
stuck on some problems/issues.
Could someone clarify me some points ?

1. I did a cvs checkout, did a 'make' and 'make install' . From the make
output seems that some headers (.h) files
for some codecs are missing. Is that ok?

2. Zaptel and Libpri did make and make install without noticeable warnings,
but when I try to dial out thru X100P card
(or best, as soon as asterisk initiate diallling with X100P) I get a kind
of  "fast beep" from asterisk (like a rapid busytone) that
persists until both ends hangup. Any tip on what is going on? Is that normal ?

3. After a dial out (or dial in/answer) the X100P card hangs and do not
respond to any command until asterisk is finished (stop now/gracefully)
and the drivers are reload (rmmod and modprobe again a few times).

4. Sound output quality for IAX-IAX, SIP-SIP and IAX-SIP calls are great.
Sound quality for X100P is very poor (not understandable) either with IAX
or SIP.

I'm using a Debian kernel 2.4.22 with all (second the archives/docs)
pre-reqs packages.

Thanks in advance.

Rubens Zupelli Filho

rubens at globalaz.com.br