[Asterisk-Users] Ett, två, three, four, cinq... saying numbers

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Apr 24 01:13:14 MST 2004

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001429

Saying numbers is not always easy, especially if you want one software to be
able to do it in many different languages with different syntaxes for
how to construct numbers like "one-hundred-twenty-four" or
"fem-hundra-tjugo-åtta" or "quatre-vingt-dix-neuf".

All the code that we had on the bug tracker for various syntaxes will now
be included into one combined patch and moved forward to be integrated into
the Asterisk CVS.

If you have code for another language, this is the right time to contribute
to the community. Add your patch to the bug report, fax in a disclaimer.

Remember, with Asterisk you get software worth many thousand dollars for free.
Contributing back is not to loose competitive edge, but to act as you are
part of the community and raise the combined value of the software for all of us.

If many companies, organizations and individuals contribute their solutions,
their code, solutions and sound files, you will get much more back that
will really help you being on the forefront of IP telephony. You will profit
more than you loose by giving away your own solution. Open Source is very
healthy for a business that way.

Asterisk needs to be a multi-language, international software platform.
When we're done with this first short-time quick fix, we will move ahead
building a new architecture that will make it easier to adopt Asterisk
to local country- and language demands. That will be a lot of fun.

Have a nice weekend!

/Olle