[Asterisk-Users] MP3 encoding of Monitor files

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Fri Apr 23 14:45:56 MST 2004

Try LAME with "-m m" (for mono encoding).  I'm guessing that the encoder
isn't recognizing the channel-count properly, thinks it's dealing with a
stereo file, and then splits the PCM data into two channels, effectively
making the file double the speed.

Can Monitor record raw PCM (no WAV header)?  If so, you can use lame's
-r and -s options to specify the sample rate, and -m for the number of
channels.