[Asterisk-Users] MP3 encoding of Monitor files

Mike Machado mike at homelandtel.com
Fri Apr 23 10:37:53 MST 2004

lame did the same thing. The reason I ask this on the asterisk list is
that .wav files I record from other sources encode just fine. I think
the hitch is the sample rates produced by asterisk.

File recorded by gnome sound recorder (lame/bladeenc encode just fine):

RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, stereo
44100 Hz

vs

File recorded with Monitor:

RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit,
mono 8000 Hz

I will give the newer version of sox a try.