[Asterisk-Users] Dealing with LECs (was Strange T1 Problem)

George Pajari George.Pajari at netVOICE.ca
Fri Apr 16 12:08:00 MST 2004

Matt advised:
> And
> if you absolutely have to have dynamic CallerID transmission you should
> verify that your new carrier will let you do that before you sign a
> contract(Make sure you verify it by talking to an actual switch tech from
> the carrier, sales people will lie through their teeth to get you to sign
> that contract).

Good advice and here's more...

Once you have the actual switch tech to confirm you can run dynamic CallerID
(and specify if the CallerIDs you will be specifying are within the DIDs
allocated to your PRI or not), then get it in writing. Best is if they will
email you confirmation. Failing that, send them email saying "Further to our
telephone conversation of xxyyzz, this is to confirm that with the PRI we
will be ordering from aabbcc company we will be able to dynamically specify
the CLID on outbound calls and the CLID may or may not be one of our DIDs."