[Asterisk-Users] Strange T1 Problem - FIXED plus new question

Mike Machado mike at homelandtel.com
Fri Apr 16 09:38:24 MST 2004

> Not knowing about the switch side of things, but how many interfaces
> would a PRI card be able to handle in that switch? I'm betting for $35k
> it is quite a few. It may be something to sit down with your copy of the
> local tariffs and decide how many circuits over how many months would
> pay off that card and make the business pitch to get it.

The card outputs 30 D channels. You still use 24 channels out of your
IMT trunks, mapping channel 24 to one of the 30 D channels. Eventually I
am sure they will get the card. They were hoping we could make things
work in the short term some other way. Might just have to bite the
bullet.

> Your only other potential solution would probably involve SS7, and that
> isn't supported under asterisk now.

SS7 on asterisk would be nice for many reasons.

Thanks for all your answers.