[Asterisk-Users] Newbie alert: Cannot get voicemail to answer (have scoured the web for help)

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Fri Apr 16 09:40:16 MST 2004

I'm having a bit of a problem here:

I have a * box with a fritz isdn card (running capi 2.0 and chan_capi) and a
x100p card for testing purposes.

As a proof of concept, I wanted to be able to dial into the * using the isdn
line, listen to a message, and enter a 3 digit extension number. If this
happens, I wanted the * box to dial out using the x100p card, into our PBX
(Nortel Meridian).

If there was no answer, I wanted to leave a voicemail message.

Now, I *can* dial in using isdn, enter the extension, and if someone
answers, I can speak to them with no problem.

However, if there is no answer, or the extension is busy, * just keeps on
trying to connect, and never drops to voicemail (busy or unavailable).

Please help - I have tried for hours now to find the problem. It is probably
a very obvious thing ...

I am using cvs head, downloaded this morning.

I have attached my conf files below.

Julian.

#### extensions.conf ####

[general]

static=yes
writeprotect=yes

[default]
exten => s,1,Wait,1
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10
exten => s,5,BackGround(tt-monkeysintro)
exten => s,6,BackGround(tt-monkeys)

exten => _7XX,1,Dial(zap/1/${EXTEN}|5m)
exten => _7XX,2,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})
exten => _7XX,3,Hangup