[Asterisk-Users] Strange T1 Problem - FIXED plus new question

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Apr 16 09:20:06 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 11:05, Mike Machado wrote:
> My situation is a little different. The carrier switch is about 100 feet
> away from my asterisk box. The company I am working for is a CLEC and
> they have their own switch. The switch I am connected to does not have a
> very expensive PRI signaling card ($35k), so they can only do CAS.
>
> If I was a customer and getting service from a carrier, I would
> definitely have gotten a PRI. Thanks for your perspective on this.

Not knowing about the switch side of things, but how many interfaces
would a PRI card be able to handle in that switch? I'm betting for $35k
it is quite a few. It may be something to sit down with your copy of the
local tariffs and decide how many circuits over how many months would
pay off that card and make the business pitch to get it.

Your only other potential solution would probably involve SS7, and that
isn't supported under asterisk now.