[Asterisk-Users] Re: MeetMe - new e and E flags?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 01:01:07 MST 2004

In article <200404141736.28634.tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>,
Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> If it's a pin-required conference, you will hear the conference number
> prior to being prompted to enter the associated pin.  Obviously, in
> this case, any such conference would be static, so the pin would be
> pre-assigned in the config file.  This might be useful if you ran a
> number of conferences, but did not want just anybody to be able to
> access them (i.e. in order to access the conferences, possibly
> dial-able from anywhere, you had to know the associated pin).
>
> You can also select an empty dynamic conference, with pin, by
> combining the flags 'eD', in which case you will be told the
> conference number prior to you specifying the pin.  Or you could
> simply select an empty dynamic conference (no pin), with flags 'ed'.

I'm trying hard to understand the usefulness of these features. It looks
like, from what I've read here, if you dial an extension that routes to
MeetMe(e), it will put you in an empty conference and tell you the number.
Presumably for anyone else to join the same conference, you then have to
tell them the number, e.g. by email, IM or another phone call, and they
then have to dial a different extension which routes to MeetMe(without e).
And if the empty conference also has a PIN, does the first user need a
list of conference numbers to PINs so he can enter the correct PIN when
told the conference number?

This all seems rather cumbersome, and I haven't had the chance to
experiment with this feature yet, so the above probably highlights both
(a) my lack of understanding, and (b) the lack of documentation!

Cheers,
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield