[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe - new e and E flags?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Apr 14 15:36:28 MST 2004

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 15:52, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> >> I'm not sure how you'd go about finding out which one that is
> >> when you're ready to actually talk to someone :)
> >
> > It tells you.
>
> Well in that case, I can see it as a useful feature!
>
> What if it's a pin required conference?
> Do you have to know the pin to acutally get into it, or does it
> just drop you right in? Does it tell you the pin, so that you can
> pass that along to your other conference members?

If it's a pin-required conference, you will hear the conference number
prior to being prompted to enter the associated pin.  Obviously, in
this case, any such conference would be static, so the pin would be
pre-assigned in the config file.  This might be useful if you ran a
number of conferences, but did not want just anybody to be able to
access them (i.e. in order to access the conferences, possibly
dial-able from anywhere, you had to know the associated pin).

You can also select an empty dynamic conference, with pin, by
combining the flags 'eD', in which case you will be told the
conference number prior to you specifying the pin.  Or you could
simply select an empty dynamic conference (no pin), with flags 'ed'.

-Tilghman