[Asterisk-Users] Booting error - Unable to specify channel 2: No such device

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Mon Apr 12 00:34:56 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 03:39, Anon wrote:
> On Sunday 11 April 2004 07:18 pm, Todd Lieberman wrote:
> > do a cat /proc/interupts
> >
> > your should see your hardware showup.
> OK...
> cat /proc/interrupts
>            CPU0
>   0:     494600          XT-PIC  timer
>   1:       5588          XT-PIC  keyboard
>   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
>   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
>   9:     266296          XT-PIC  ehci_hcd, es1371
>  10:    4892925          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, wctdm
>  11:    4936093          XT-PIC  ide1, usb-uhci, usb-uhci, wcfxo, eth0
>  12:     108609          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
>  14:      22056          XT-PIC  ide2
>  15:         83          XT-PIC  ide3
> NMI:          0
> LOC:     494575
> ERR:       1278
> MIS:          0
>
> I don't see wcfxs.  I did "modprobe wcfxs" and "cat /proc/interrupts" still
> shows the same output.  What do you think is causing to not show on the list
> above?

It is there it's hiding under the name of wctdm, but at the moment I'd
say that's the least of your problems. Interrupts 10 and 11 both have
other things sharing the interrupts  with Digium cards, most people will
tell you that that's not good. Interrupt 11 looks horrible. Having been
through this hell recently I can only suggest repositioning cards in
different slots.  Interestingly where is ide0 and do you really need
ide2/3?

--
Dave Cotton
Directeur