[Asterisk-Users] Booting error - Unable to specify channel 2: No such device

Anon asterisk_user at tarottoni.com
Thu Apr 15 05:04:26 MST 2004

On Monday 12 April 2004 01:34 am, Dave Cotton wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 03:39, Anon wrote:
> > On Sunday 11 April 2004 07:18 pm, Todd Lieberman wrote:
> > > do a cat /proc/interupts
> > >
> > > your should see your hardware showup.
> >
> > OK...
> > cat /proc/interrupts
> >            CPU0
> >   0:     494600          XT-PIC  timer
> >   1:       5588          XT-PIC  keyboard
> >   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
> >   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
> >   9:     266296          XT-PIC  ehci_hcd, es1371
> >  10:    4892925          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, wctdm
> >  11:    4936093          XT-PIC  ide1, usb-uhci, usb-uhci, wcfxo, eth0
> >  12:     108609          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
> >  14:      22056          XT-PIC  ide2
> >  15:         83          XT-PIC  ide3
> > NMI:          0
> > LOC:     494575
> > ERR:       1278
> > MIS:          0
> >
> > I don't see wcfxs.  I did "modprobe wcfxs" and "cat /proc/interrupts"
> > still shows the same output.  What do you think is causing to not show on
> > the list above?
>
> It is there it's hiding under the name of wctdm, but at the moment I'd
> say that's the least of your problems. Interrupts 10 and 11 both have
> other things sharing the interrupts  with Digium cards, most people will
> tell you that that's not good. Interrupt 11 looks horrible. Having been
> through this hell recently I can only suggest repositioning cards in
> different slots.  Interestingly where is ide0 and do you really need
> ide2/3?

I thought about all those problems you mentioned, and it turns out I have an
older version of the TDM400P that had some kind of defect, and needed to
be sent back to Digium.

While on the topic of Digium support, I would like to say that I am extremely
impressed with the unusually high quality service at Digium.  To my
suprise and amazement, Digium shipped out a card before I sent mine back.
Truely _first class_ service.

BTW - I do use IDE 2/3.  I do not know why the BIOS loads up the IRQ's the
way it does.  Yer, there does not seem to be any IRQ-related problems.

Thanks for the help and ideas.  :)

Anon