[Asterisk-Users] vm e-mail notification stopped

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Sun Apr 11 07:22:29 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 13:56, Walt Reed wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 10:26:46AM +0100, Paul Tyreman said:
> > Well I have to be honist and say that I have only been using it for a couple of weeks.
> >
> > 'Sendmail' aways fires up correctly when the machine starts, but mail never sends, well not from Asterisk at least, haven't tried sending mail manualy, will have to try that and see how I go.
>
> You should seriously consider using postfix, exim, or any other email
> server software - they are all much easier to config than sendmail
> (which has probably THE worst configuration file / language of any
> software I have ever used.)

This problem probably has nothing to do with the choice of MTA, as I'm
using postfix.

I wanted to investigate further so I changed the mailcmd line in
voicemail.conf so that instead of the default "sendmail -t" I have
"sendmail me at mydomain.com"  and the voicemail deliveries came to me
without any errors.  So we are left with two possibilities:-

Voicemail in an up to date CVS is not setting up the header correctly,
the -t option tries to read the recipient from the header and fails.

or

Postfix 2.1 as supplied by Mandrake 10.0 Community is not handling the
-t option correctly.

Does anyone have other combinations of */Postfix/Sendmail that do or do
not work as expected?

This would surely help to track down the problem.

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>