[Asterisk-Users] vm e-mail notification stopped

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Sun Apr 11 04:56:20 MST 2004

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 10:26:46AM +0100, Paul Tyreman said:
> Well I have to be honist and say that I have only been using it for a couple of weeks.
>
> 'Sendmail' aways fires up correctly when the machine starts, but mail never sends, well not from Asterisk at least, haven't tried sending mail manualy, will have to try that and see how I go.

You should seriously consider using postfix, exim, or any other email
server software - they are all much easier to config than sendmail
(which has probably THE worst configuration file / language of any
software I have ever used.)

Most distributions will auto-configure to a great extent the mail
software, but it usualy requires some local customization.

Most mail programs have good user-oriented mailing lists to go to for
help.