[Asterisk-Users] vm e-mail notification stopped

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Apr 11 07:18:33 MST 2004

On 2004 Apr 11, at 04:26, Paul Tyreman wrote:

> Well I have to be honist and say that I have
> only been using it for a couple of weeks.
>
> 'Sendmail' aways fires up correctly when the
> machine starts, but mail never sends, well not
> from Asterisk at least, haven't tried sending
> mail manualy, will have to try that and see how
> I go.

1)  What user are you running Asterisk as?
If root, this isn't the problem, but if you're running
Asterisk as a non-root user, your user may not be
trusted (class Ct) to send mail as another user.

2)  What is the machine name of the machine
running Asterisk?  Does that machine name
exist in DNS as queryable by your main mail
machine?  (i.e. it's fine to have a fake domain
name as long as that fake domain name can
be found by your mail server.  My Asterisk server
is named tweedledee.jeffandtilghman.foo.)

3)  Other than that, can you cut-n-paste the exact
error that you're getting from the mail machine in
the bounce-back?  Often the error is one that you
can simply paste into Google and find the exact
problem (and solution).

-Tilghman