[Asterisk-Users] Re: Analogue telephone cards for the UK

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 10 03:15:30 MST 2004

Paul Tyreman wrote:

> Thanks for all the replies.
>
> Can someone tell me if it is possible to put two of these X100P cards
> into the same machine to order to gain access to two BT landlines ?
>
> Would it also be possible for someone to outline in a bit more detail
> the procdue for limiting which phones have access via the card as I am
> new to Asterisk.
>
> What happens when someone calls the number of the line the card is on
> - Do all phones ring or what happens ?  Is that auto attendant thing a
> real possiblity.  What I would idealy like is this...
>
> Welcome.  If you know the extention you wish to call, press * now and
> then dial it.
> Otherwise, press 1 for Family A, 2 for Family B and 3 for Family C.
> If the user Presses 1,   Press 1 for Person A, Press 2 for Person B.
> etc ?
>
> Is that possible ?
>
> Thanks, Paul.

It sounds like you are trying to share the PBX between multiple people..

I would suggest getting an ISDN BRI line and an AVM Fritz card (using
the chan_capi driver).. This will give you two lines onto which you can
get 8 MSN's (an MSN is another number coming in on the same BRI).. You
can setup Asterisk to route the calls to the correct phones or group of
phones based on the number that was called..

If you are in the UK there are plenty of Fritz cards around and this
method will also allow you to have CallerID if you want it where the
analog cards have issues with CallerID..

Later..