[Asterisk-Users] Re: Analogue telephone cards for the UK

Paul Tyreman paul at tyreman.org.uk
Sat Apr 10 03:55:26 MST 2004

What I want to do is have the asterisk server sat in my house and used by my family to access the BT landline and to recieve calls made to that landline.  If it is not possible to do the auto attendant thing then so be it, I will just have all phones in my house ring when a call is made on the BT line.  That should be easy, right ?

In addition to running the server just for my house, I want to have other memebers of my extended family link up to the server via their broadband connections so we can make free calls to each other over the internet connections.

What I don't want is for other members of my family (who are not resident in my house) to be able to make calls on my BT landline, but I do want them to be able to make unlimited calls to other extentions on the asterisk server.

Since I already pay monthly for broadband, I am not very keen to start paying more for an IDSN line which will only be used for this project.  I don't use / need caller ID on external calls, so thats not an issue.

Does that all make sence ?

Thanks, Paul.