[Asterisk-Users] Re: Analogue telephone cards for the UK

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Sat Apr 10 02:53:15 MST 2004

--On Saturday, April 10, 2004 10:42:26 +0100 Paul Tyreman
<paul at tyreman.org.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for all the replies.
>
> Can someone tell me if it is possible to put two of these X100P cards
> into the same machine to order to gain access to two BT landlines ?

I believe so although problems have been reported with certain motherboards
- best to search this list before buying.

> Would it also be possible for someone to outline in a bit more detail the
> procdue for limiting which phones have access via the card as I am new to
> Asterisk.

You need to define a context for outgoing calls which will include dial
commands for the X100P.  You then define additional contexts for local
phones.  Only those local contexts that  "include" the outgoing context
will be able to make outgoing calls.  Start with a "bare bones"
extensions.conf or you'll find * very hard going.

> What happens when someone calls the number of the line the card is on -
> Do all phones ring or what happens ?

You define that in extensions.conf.  Incoming calls will land in the
context you specify in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

> Is that auto attendant thing a real
> possiblity.  What I would idealy like is this...
> Welcome.  If you know the extention you wish to call, press * now and
> then dial it.  Otherwise, press 1 for Family A, 2 for Family B and 3 for
> Family C.  If the user Presses 1,   Press 1 for Person A, Press 2 for
> Person B.  etc ?
>
> Is that possible ?

... I dunno - sorry

  Iain