[Asterisk-Users] External access to voicemail

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Apr 8 13:04:12 MST 2004

At 2:41 PM -0400 on 4/8/04, Steven Kokinos wrote:
>in my setup i have several users with DID lines coming in from
>various sip/iax providers. within our old phone system, a user could
>call their own DID line, then hit the * key when they hear their
>voicemail greeting and be prompted for their password.
>
>is there any way this could be replicated within asterisk? i'm
>having trouble figuring it out since it steps through things
>sequentially, whereas i want to scan for input during the playback.
>
>any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>regards,
>
>-steve

Hint #1) Don't send HTML email

Hints #2-4) Look at the "Background" utility, then look at where the
"busy" and "unavailable" messages are stored for each user, and then
look at the Voicemail2 options that go right to the mailbox without
playing the introductory message(s).  You should be able to piece
something together with those clues.

JT