[Asterisk-Users] External access to voicemail

William Suffill dedd at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 13:01:01 MST 2004

in the context of the incoming DID assuming their Caller ID is equal to
the mailbox for their voicemail aka DID #

exten * => 1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})

You might want to improve this though like so:
Add all assigned DIDs to an Asterisk DB
On * check if callerid is a valid did u assigned
if yes then VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})
else VoicemailMain()

This would cause them just get get a password prompt for their VM
if they call from a caller id matching the mailbox and press *
If the callerid doesn't match then call Voicemailmain without an arg
then they will get a prompt for the voicemail exten then password so
they can enter their did manually before the password prompt.