[Asterisk-Users] External access to voicemail

Steven Kokinos steve at kokinos.com
Thu Apr 8 11:41:16 MST 2004

in my setup i have several users with DID lines coming in from various
sip/iax providers. within our old phone system, a user could call their own
DID line, then hit the * key when they hear their voicemail greeting and be
prompted for their password.

is there any way this could be replicated within asterisk? i'm having
trouble figuring it out since it steps through things sequentially, whereas
i want to scan for input during the playback.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

-steve